Sunday, June 4, 2023 - 8:30am to Monday, June 5, 2023 - 5:00pm
Value Stream Mapping Workshop for Leaders
- Understand Value Stream Mapping and how to select products and processes for analysis
- Identify waste and bottlenecks and improve effectiveness and efficiency in delivering value
- Enhance cross-functional collaboration and remove barriers between functions
- Learn Value Stream Mapping best practices
The competitive landscape today requires that every business continually increases their value delivered to customers while shortening development and delivery time and being cost efficient. Value Stream Mapping is a lean management method for analyzing the current state and designing a future state for the series of events that take a product or service from inception to delivery to customers. This is a critical tool for allowing all the functions within an organization to understand and optimize their ideation to development, delivery, and deployment methods.
Value Stream Mapping is an important tool for leaders who must deliver products and services quickly and reliably without increasing risk or sacrificing quality. Today’s leaders need to understand and apply Value Stream Mapping as an element of their transformation journey in order to identify barriers and waste and accelerate value creation and adoption by users.
This hands-on workshop is designed for executives and organizational leaders to attend with a set of key stakeholders across the organization. This workshop teaches you what you need to know to successfully apply Value Stream Mapping in your organization. Learn how to plan, implement, analyze, and use the results of Value Stream Mapping to improve one or more of your value stream processes. Avoid the common mistakes of Value Stream Mapping and take home a valuable leadership mapping tool that supports your transformation success.
Upon completion of this hands-on workshop, students will experience Value Stream Mapping including:
- Identifying the right product team members to conduct the Value Stream Mapping
- Working with key stakeholders to define the problem from the customer perspective
- Scoping the product team process starting and ending points
- Iteratively mapping the bounded current state process with the product team
- Assessing the investment in each step of the Value Stream
- Creating an overall timeline defining both lead times and process time(s)
- Conducting a mapping of the current state and identifying opportunities
- Constructing the new future state value stream map
- Implementing the new value stream and validating that it provides the intended benefits
Participants will engage in collaborative exercises which are designed to enhance skills and insights needed to successfully plan and implement value stream mapping. Intact teams will leave with an initial value stream map for a defined product area.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for an intact team (several leaders from within the same organization) and is appropriate for experienced executives and line of business leaders, directors and managers, project managers, and business or product owners.
This course has an optimal mix of lecture and collaborative exercises. Participants will leave with an initial value stream map for their product area.
The Value Stream Mapping Process
Forming the Team
Kickoff and Planning
The Product and Process Map
Creating the Current State Map
Creating the Future State Map
Analysis and Improvement Plan
How Value Stream Mapping informs your Transformation Roadmap
Creating or refining your Transformation Plan
Implementing the Value Stream Refinements
Quantifying and Demonstrating the Value - Measures/Metrics
Next Steps - Implementing Value Stream Mapping with your teams
Class Daily Schedule
Sign-In/Registration 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Morning Session 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Afternoon Session 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm your schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
• Course notebook
• Letter of completion