Security Testing for Test Professionals
- Learn how testing professionals can effectively security test software
- Discover how applications are developed and tested with security in mind
- Learn how to use security requirements to plan your testing efforts
- Explore key aspects of security testing—web security, threat modeling, risk assessment
- Examine technical and team skills you need for success
- Learn to use common security testing tools for a variety of testing purposes
Your organization is doing well with functional, usability, and performance testing. However, you know that software security is a key part of your assurance and compliance strategy for protecting applications and critical data. Left undiscovered, security-related defects can wreak havoc in a system when malicious invaders attack. If you don’t know where to start with security testing and don’t know what you are looking for, this course is for you. It describes how to get started with security testing, introducing foundational security testing concepts and showing you how to apply those security testing concepts with free and commercial tools and resources. Offering a practical risk-based approach, the instructor discusses why security testing is important, how to use security risk information to improve your test strategy, and how to add security testing into your software development lifecycle.
Practice of Security Testing
Explore security testing in an informal and interactive workshop setting. Examples are studied through a series of small group exercises and discussions.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for software development and testing professionals who want to begin doing security testing as part of their assurance activities. Test and development managers will benefit from this course as well. A background in software testing is necessary for this course.