Sunday, June 7, 2020 - 8:30am to Monday, June 8, 2020 - 5:00pm
- Learn practical agile development techniques through hands-on exercises
- Understand how to develop better code with less effort and fewer defects
- Experience practical development approaches that will help your project attain enduring quality
- Practice automating tests, refactoring, handling and legacy code
- Get hands-on with TDD, BDD, collaborative development, and the build process
Many organizations are transforming to an agile culture to accelerate software development and delivery. This course engages attendees in software development techniques that are best applied to align with agile values and principles.
After an initial introduction to agile values and principles, one might wonder how work is meant to reflect the meaning of ambiguous phrases in the Agile Manifesto such as "working software is the primary measure of progress" or "simplicity—the art of maximizing the amount of work not done—is essential." How exactly are developers supposed to carry out programming in this new world?
This interactive workshop engages participants in pragmatic hands-on exercises to reinforce and practice what they learn. Participants walk away with experience in some of the most effective techniques used today and leave better equipped to develop software more effectively and efficiently.
Who Should Attend
Developers, software developers in test, architects, and technical leads who have a basic understanding of good programming practices and want to take their analysis, design and programming skills to a new level.
Common code smells
Principles of refactoring
Approaching legacy code
Retrofitting tests on legacy code
Basics of pairing
Types of pairing
The build process
Class Daily Schedule
Sign-In/Registration 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Morning Session 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Afternoon Session 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm your schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
• Course notebook
• Continental breakfasts and refreshment breaks
• Letter of completion